Tuesday, February 20, 2007

and.... the coin has two sides.

Still gleeful over the gifting of a tappy tap tapwriter, I rushed "Fred" off to his next scheduled appointment.
When I arrived I realized my pocket was empty (big surprise Les, didn't you just say you had not money?) no no no....
that's not what I meant.
I realized the pocket containing my pretty little phone (that I drop on it's head nearly every day) was empty... I started to think about the last time I'd used it.
This morning... when I realized that today was NOT in fact the 18th as I'd thought... thereby launching me two days into the future... and two days AFTER my sister's birthday... oops. I am horrendous.
No, I'd had it after that... I had it at least until BEFORE I picked up "Fred". But not while I was picking up Fred....
I retraced my steps...
each and every stop was revisited. As I drove to the last place I thought to myself "isn't it funny, that this morning when I put my phone in my jacket pocket, I thought to myself, -gee, that pocket is quite shallow, better remember to switch that cute little phone of your's into your jean's pocket when you get to work.... that on this same day I'd lose my phone?"
I pulled up to the last spot... parking in the exact same spot that I'd parked that morning and craned my neck to see if I could spot it on the sidewalk up ahead.... then I looked down.
It's been a sad day for my phone.
I found it ground into the snow, a pink dimple in a tire track.

1 comment:

T said...

i'm sorry to hear about your phone...i guess it's time for a new one?