Sunday, March 25, 2007

So many ideas.. am I willing to make those changes?

I've been doing a lot of reading lately on the changes I can be making to have a little less of an impact on this tiny planet we're living on.
And while they are all such fantastic ideas, and will make for some huge changes, I wonder, just how committed am I to this process?
I worry mostly that I'm going to feel like a hypocrite if I don't keep it up, or that I'll be to vain? self-centred? to let go of some things that I use on a day to day basis. I worry that I won't be able to afford it.
Those things keep me from some of the bigger changes... and even some of the small...

Here's a great site to read, Rob the Lurker sent an article my way that he found, it was about a couple living in New York making some HUGE changes in their lifestyles... their blog is entertaining and informative with some really interesting links, I'm working up the courage to try some of their ideas out.

2 comments:

Northumberland Independent said...

Doing something, anything, is always better than doing nothing. Every little bit helps.

Anonymous said...

Even if you try something out for a while and then decide its not for you, at least you've given it a fair shot, and have narrowed down the vast array of green living possibilities to choose from! Would it be easier if you just picked one tiny thing and only committed to try it for say a week? Then you wouldn't be 'failing' if you didn't want to continue, you'd have conducted a successful experiment. :)