Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Fresh and Tasty

A thing happened yesterday.

Not a good thing, but turns out, not a bad thing either.

Roomie's computer kicked the bucket at work... which is very sad, it's been puffing smoke on the rare occasion... but it means that she's got a lappy now. A lappy that will pic up a neighbour's wireless signal when we move into the new house until our own Internet is hooked up.
For that, I am truly thankful.

Also, I was looking at the stats again today, While the most common random entry into the site (via google) is "fresh parsley" or "parsley substitutes" or "parsley as a seasoning" or even "can you get high off of parsley?", I continue to be number 5, sometimes number 6 in the search! How sad.
Especially since most people don't know how the name came to be here...
flash back
(flash back music)
(flash back special effects)
(maybe some hazy smoke around the edges)
(and cold vinyl car scent..)
I'm in a car... I'm not alone.
I am the passenger.
Beside me, Kim.
Behind me, her young daughter and infant son.
Kim and I are having a conversation, when from the back of the car we hear a small voice trying to get our attention.... Trying to get MY attention.
"umm ummm... uh.... Parsley? Will you play barbies with me?"

And so came the moniker. And it stuck.

1 comment:

megsheff said...

how do i find out how people come across my blog?
teach me, yoda!