Wednesday, January 23, 2008

we all age. right?

Last weekend I was watching some good ol'fashioned home shows on tv... none of your fancy new-fangled home renos... nooo sir-ee bob. None of that fancy pants Ty or even Bob.
No, I'm talkin' 'bout "this old house" and "New Yankee Workshop" (which I always call "old Yankee workshop) (- my personal favourite has always been the "Woodwright's Shop" where poor Roy cuts his hand on something in nearly every show.....).


Anyway's I was a watchin' this show, and Nom (Norm with a yankee accent) is out checking out new kitchen dressings. He wants to convert his old shop kitchen (cause yeah, he's got a shop big enough to have it's own kitchen) so he's out at some company getting a tour of their kitchen concepts.

Here's where it get's really good, and I break out of my stupid character blogging voice... Norm's reached this corner in the kitchen... you know the type, where you might put a space saving "lazy susan" in the giant cupboard... and you have two opposing drawers ... and can open only one at a time because they crash into each other?
The lady showing Norm around mentions the fact that the drawers always crash in the corners when you pull them out to put your utensils in... blah blah blah... and she says that they've created a way to maximize on the space... blah blah blah... so she reaches over to open one of the drawers.... now here's where I wish that I'd written down the name of the company so you could have the visual...
instead of opening the drawer like a normal drawer.... she pulled it straight out from the corner.. it was attached to that "opposing" drawer... and came out... and I'm reading what I'm writing... and it doesn't make sense...


ok, corner set, drawers closed above..... same corner set, drawer pulled open below.... not nearly as dramatic as seeing it for real.


so, the girl pulls open the drawer...... and I GASP in surprise.
and the guy watching it with me GASPS in surprise.

I was telling my roomie tonight this same story... she turned to me and said... "you know... we're getting really old... things like cabinetry are exciting to us now."

right... thanks.

1 comment:

RG said...

I think I get it ....

You should read me trying to explain how to build a bunny gate!