Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Year of Firsts

... or new beginnings.
If you were into numerology you'd understand that this year is a year of beginnings... something about "add the 2 and the 8 and remove a zero and shift the decimal... and you get a 1".
errrr.. something.

So, to a year of; new things; new people; new places; new emotions; new goals; new dreams; new adventures!

Ok, so I made the most brilliant discovery today! Rock Band (which I love) and Guitar Hero (That I don't so much love) are NOT new concepts!!! Nope, they are a rip off of an old design.
Press a button, strum, feel like you're creating music... oh yeah, it's all been done before.... may I present to you ....



The Autoharp!
Yup, press a button (they are cleverly decorated with the chord printed right on them) strum... and you've got instant music. errr. so long as you aren't laughing too hard to keep playing. Now, that said... there's alot more you can do on the autoharp than my ridiculous plunking of "leaving on a jet plane" or trying to play "blowin in the wind"... esp if it's been set up right... I had the privilege of using a um... designer autoharp tonight... so the chords were limited. If you click the photo above, you'll get to hear a pro in action.... I sound more... umm... stylistic?

1 comment:

RG said...

Well, I'll take your word on the autoharp player ... it blew me off the I-net! I did look back at the Buddy Rich vs. Animal video ... I remember that from long ago, and we actually went to a Buddy Rich concert once .. he was amazing.

Bunny grew!