Sunday, April 09, 2006

egg-er-iffic

This morning, like most mornings, I dragged myself from my warm cocoon into the FREEZING bathroom, back to my frosty room, into some chilled clothing and stumbled down the stairs... to a frost covered car.

note:: this is the same story each and every morning.. I'm cold, and I'm running late. I've forgotten to eat breakfast.

I drove to the Petes, made it to KCC in time to avoid greeting Andrew and mumbling a lame excuse about how late I am.

I started set up with Radar and Pony (gee.. some nick names stick... and some churches stick them to you) and mentioned my forgetting to eat breakfast again... next thing I know, I've got a Cadbury egg being thrown at my head... I ate it.. and enjoyed....

a little later the timbits and other such goodies come out.. I dive for the toasted coconut at the same time as someone else (whilst being observed by the timbit dealer) as my hand enters the vicinity of the basket.. I utter, in a voice not to be crossed: "the toasted one's mine... back off" ... timbit dealer jumps back in surprise, competing hand shrinks back, and victory is mine... toasted belongs to me.....

not long after, the timbit dealer approaches me... head down, knees slightly bent, arms outstretched bearing the remaining toasted coconut timbits on a napkin... "this is my offering, make satan go away from you"....

later Scott threw in the whole thing about cold being the absence of heat thing and hell being the absence of God... I would like some heat, my fingers are cold.

No comments: