Thursday, April 27, 2006

Spinning... Or... Mario

When I was younger and I had a lot on my mind I found it hard to sleep. I'd lay in bed, and my mind would trace the same circle over and over, faster and faster I'd draw this. My eye's didn't have to move, it was behind my eyes... if my eyes were open the circle was traced slowly, clockwise. But when my eyes were shut, the circle would make me dizzy with it's speed. When it got to be too much, I could force it to change directions... the looping and looping and looping. Sleep would take eternity.
When things were calm and I had nothing to worry about (mind you, I've always been a worrier) there would be an endless round of Mario Bros. Playing behind my eyes. Jump up. Power run. Skid to a stop. Move forward. Jump again.
I hadn't thought much about the circles in awhile. I don't know if it was a self pacifying thing, because at least my mind would be off whatever was bothering me.

1 comment:

T said...

would you like to borrom my 1up shirt?