Friday, April 14, 2006

who needs a hero?

I'd have to say, never have I been more impressed with the people I hang out with on a day to day basis, than the way I was impressed by them on Wednesday night.

In celebration of TravWho's birthday, we headed off to Shoeless for a little karaoke (oh wait.. no, we go there even without birthday celebrations )
;)
all was well for quite some time, then I was (without due warning) captured by an alien life force. He drew me in with his alien tractor beam (well no, he stood so I was trapped in my chair) he talked his alien tongue (which held a foul smell) (and made little sense to my human ears) and worst of all... He was planning on staying that way for quite some time, without even offering me the slightest of opportunity to break the monologue which he had begun...

When suddenly, from out of nowhere... A beacon of light.. NAY, TWO beacons of light... NAY, a cellphone signal, to my rescue.
A hero passed me his cell and said, without batting an eye, "there is a call for you". I gratefully took the phone and brought it to my ear.. the alien already beginning to waiver... he held on, was it a ploy?
I brought the device to my ear, thinking... "oh my, I can't pull off a phone call of deception... I will be caught in moments flat."
The alien watched, and to my relief, yet another hero... this one on the other end of the phone.
I waved the alien aside and announced, "I'd better take this outside....."

thanks guys...

2 comments:

Susanna said...

tee hee. *that's* a good friend.

T said...

that's what super hero's are for...

stay tuned for more...same bat time, same bat channel