Friday, April 07, 2006

self healing

so, yesterday... in response to the other day's post.... my counter died... I don't know what was wrong with it, it just quit. But, have no fear, it's back to life again...


actual conversation from work yesterday::

Bear from bo-diddly:: well uh, there's you know over there. and there's sometimes like that. we-hell-hell-hell look it there.... there's a lot of people working at that Laura's (as we pass the Lauria Pontiac place) so many people.
Me:: oh, were you in there? they've hired lots of new people?
Bear:: well NO! just look at all the cars they've been driving to work.. stacks of them.. stacks and stacks of them.
oooohhhhh, now there's a good song... ("Beautiful" comes on the radio) That Rod Stewart, he really can sing it... and "Happy Yeah"... monday wednesday tuesday happy yeah....
Me:: I didn't know Rod sang that.... (shaking my head in confusion)
Bear:: (continuing in the same breath without pause....) what you really got to watch for, and I'm not saying this to be mean, or, it's not mean, but some might think that it is, and you're probably right, but if you get three P's in a row... then you get it good. Not two A's. Just the two P's. Cause then woah ho ho! it's the big money. But not the really big money, just some of it, and you can go again. sunday monday happy yeah....


these are the days I just sit back and let it happen around me. eventually I figure it all out.

1 comment:

Susanna said...

Hi, I'm assuming (?) that you're the person who left a comment on my blog about Uganda! (Well, the bunny really, yes, I know). That's *really* funny if you are because I found his site through Cute Overload, then to this one (yours), and bookmarked it intending to read it later! It looks like we've got some things in common, like a love for Africa. . .so I'd love to read through your blog and find out! Keep in touch!