Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sheff Rat Escape Package Deal

For a limited time offer... you too can spend the day with the rats. 
Yesterday Ms.Percey came thru town on her way home from winning at pilgrimage.  She looks fabulous by the way- as anyone who's just walked 800kms generally does. 

Let's set the scene shall we?
I'm on the phone with MegSheff- my cell phone that is, when the phone beeps- an incoming call. I glance down to see who the call is from, and see that it's from the SheffHold. I say to MegSheff "your father is calling, I'll call him back later" (it's always PaSheff who makes the call... BethSheff, tucked neatly into the corner by the computer can be heard barking from the corner "someone call L.Bo and tell her [insert something or other here]". I ignore the call.
The house phone rings.
I see that it is the SheffHold calling again, and tell Meg there must be some Sheff emergency, I'll call them back when we're done.
Eventually the conversation ends.. I hang up, and call the Sheff's.
Baby answers the phone and loudly says "we're just about to leave and.. wait, I've got a beep, it's a 613, I'm going to take it, but we're going now anyway"
None of this makes sense... well, other than the 613 part... that would be Meg cutting my call short.
I sit on the couch and stare at the wall for a second or two... not really trying to figure out the conversation.
Then I check the messages.
And here Ms. Percey's voice on the line... I dash out the door to the Sheff's and nearly run down Ms.Percey in joy.
Baby and Ms. P were about to hop the train (hence the yelling "we're just about to leave")... but I intervened. 









sorry 'bout the blur. (the one on the rocks is us.. we didn't take the boat.. we swam)

2 comments:

Youram said...

Hi , Good Morning ; how are you .
I'm yusuf and I want to tell you that I have loved your blog where you are writing your dalies as I think ; so , me to I have a blog as yours and I want you first to visit it please , than if you like and love it we cane change links .
if it make you interest , send to me a message whithe your link and I will make it in my blog and you will past main to in your blog .
thank you for your time and ; thanks .
my blog link :
http://ry3az.blogspot.com/
- - thank you - -

Deb Cushman said...

I read all of her amazing blog the other day when you posted! What a wonderful experience she had (and so brave to be walking all that distance by herself in another country!) We are in awe!