Saturday, July 12, 2008

Swarmin'

Yuppers, the swarm gathered, we buzzed, we danced, we may have drank (a little mojito or two), and yet again we flew back to the 80's with the McFlies.
Seriously- I can't think of a better way to spend the evening. Met up with some old friends, dragged along some friends from home (reluctant, and positive that it would suck- why don't people trust me?) (oh, right... nights of deception ARE my specialty, BUT- when I like something... it's because it's really good.. so future reference.... trust me!) Anyway, by the end of the night, they'd both gotten up dancing, and one even asked me about a future event that I'm forever blathering on about (whoa... maybe.. he... trusts... me..?)
The setting was great!
I'd never been to Lula Lounge before, though I've heard about a number of venues there. I REALLY liked it. It had a much sexier feel to it than say.. Hugh's room... (I love Hugh's though- it's a great sort of intimate spot... makes you feel like you and the band are hanging out together) More of a dance feel to it... so that was nice, and people DID come to dance! 
Plus, I was reading up on it- it offers Salsa lessons, dinner and a show for a really great price twice a week- I think I'll try to get back for that sometime soon.
So while my pocket book is now empty for the month (with my entertainment budget shot in one night) my tummy is happy, my ears are happy, and my friends are happy. All in all, a fantastic night.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Boi! You did it again... my link is messed. I swear I even updated it last week! Miss you!

Adam said...

It was a lovely time I will never doubt you again:)