Wednesday, December 28, 2005

narrow margin for error

pretty much the most embarrassing thing ever was just avoided... just barely... I'm just relieved there was no one there to witness it. I suppose if anyone had been there.. well then... it wouldn't have been avoided... it was the absence of witnesses that kept it just marginally embarrassing.

I have this old pair of jeans... well worn jean.. really well worn jeans. I've been promising myself for ages I'd be rid of them. They're slightly longer in the back than in the front, which means I catch them on random things, halting me in my tracks.
Today I finished up my errands, and went to hop into my car. I had with me two grocery bags and a small bag containing a new shirt for Norty (which is too small... it looks like a belly top on him). As I entered the car, my right pant leg caught on the hood release latch... but I was already lowering myself onto the seat! I heard a loud rip.... and looked down.

My pants ripped from mid thigh to mid fly!!! ACK!

Not only that. But I had to park the car around the corner from the house as the driveway was full...

2 comments:

LStew said...

starts with s,l and rhymes with rut.



should we call kim?

Crilly said...

Where's the paparazzi when you need them.
You know what? That's what Cobourg is missing. Paparazzi. To follow us around so we always know what each other is doing. Even when we don't want people to know.