Friday, June 23, 2006

cars

... I saw the movie last night. It made me laugh... ok, it may have made me cry too, but that was expected right?

Anyway, what this is really about is the cars that are in town right now. It's nearing to summer and the tourist season is just about to hit high gear... (eek, I'm guessing stay away from the beach tomorrow!)and with the heat of the summer beginning to warm the sands... the number of cars and the number of pedestrians has started to increase.
Not so cool since there's huge amounts of construction going on.

Today I saw something that takes the cake... mmm.. cake, I could go for some cake.
I was stuck in traffic on Division St, right where the construction is (thankfully) winding up, for the ninth or tenth time today, when I saw this lady venture out to cross the street. she saw an opening and she was going to take it... regardless of the traffic lights a mere 50 feet away... she starts across, and it QUICKLY become apparent to all observing, there's no frigin way she's going to make it before the Mac truck that's come over the crest of the hill.... she shuffles her walker... yes, that's right... HER WALKER.. along a little faster... then takes note of the truck... and then... it happened.
this lady who moments ago was shuffling... PICKS UP HER WALKER AND RUNS GRACEFULLY across the street... once on the curb she continues to carry her walker, walking strong... Until she sees the large number of people staring slack-jawed at her.. she places the walker on the ground and begins to shuffle once more.

I'm not trusting granny.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! That's really funny!
Anywho...it is to be expected that women cry at even the most animated films...ah the splendors of womanhood...sniff.
Also, I'm excited to share my pics, especially since you mentioned cake...
xanga.com/forslythia...go to photos are something of that nature...=)

crystal

Anonymous said...

p.s. you take really good pictures. I'm impressed!

Crilly said...

I saw an old man do the same thing once. Crossing Elgin towards the mall with a cane. As soon as the little civic came speeding around the corner, he sure could boot it without that cane.

T said...

old person conspiracy here...