Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I promise

...this will be the last of wedding type installments on this blog for awhile. or . at least until it gets closer to manda-manda's wedding. Because at that point in time I will be gushing on and on about her wedding. But take heart, that's not till October.

what I did this weekend::
a short essay by Lesley Marie

This weekend I went to Ptbo to dwell with my friend Co-lean (aka Madam Volpel). Co-Lean has just purchased the most wonderful bed in the entire universe, and when I was not busy with this weekend's activities... she let me sleep in it!
Now, anyone who knows better, knows not to let me and Co-lean spend too much time together in close proximity. We get loud. We laugh. We get in trouble with the law. We cause much distraction. In fact:: at leadership meetings at church, Co-lean, Pony and I are not allowed to work on group projects, nor are we to sit together if anything is to be accomplished. Thus sayith Scott and Aaron. SO! imagine my surprise when Eh-tanya (the very soon to be eh-tan-yo) placed us in our bridesmaidy order... imagine my surprise when we did NOT get kicked out after the practice, and did NOT get a stern lecture after the wedding... perhaps that will come after they view the tape....

Friday night was the rehearsal, all went well... There were a few mix ups, as the second pastor helping with the wedding wasn't super proficient in English and hadn't been part of typical white Canadian wedding, but he was super helpful with the Korean parts of the family!
Dinner afterwards was held at the carousel... Darn good buffet... and much to the delight of both Co-lean and Moi... There were brusselsprouts.
Sat. Morning, early morning breakfast at the Martin home..... You know it's going to be good with Ester in the kitchen. Next, hairdos... Mine was up and curly, just the way I like. Eh-Tanya had most of her's down in long curls, she looked AMAZING.
Then time to change, time for pictures, time for running around.
and then
it came
the limo.

i lied, this is getting long, I'm going to write more about weddings tomorrow.

No comments: