Saturday, June 03, 2006

shamed

now, I probably should have written this sooner, but the shame of the event kept me from it. I'm over my shame, and the craziness of the story is just too much.. so you're in luck.

Last week at work we had a group of people come in from the united way and various companies in town, doing a "day of caring". They came to the house to paint both "Fred" and "Harvey"s bedrooms. Part of the day of caring was a BBQ that was to happen in Port Hope in the Fair Grounds building, my job... to drive my boss and another manager to the BBQ for some good eats...
Before the appointed time arrived, I received a text message from D-Town that said he'd just hit a pigeon, and that it exploded... my immediate response? "EWWW!!!!" I turned to both managers and told them wheat he had just sent.... I then responded with my own text, "GROSS, you murderer!" I laughed and brushed it off... but only after turning to my boss to say I'd never killed an animal with my car.
An hour later we were on our way to be fed burgers and dogs and other lovely charred food. When suddenly!
we were dive bombed by two kamikaze sparrows, they flew straight at my driver-side windshield, and at the last second... pulled up.
unfortunately.. it was the last second of life for one of those birds.... it hit the windshield with a thud, bounced off the van and rolled across the road, where it was hit by not one, but two more cars.
oh the shame.

No comments: