Sunday, June 04, 2006

Liturgy

So this morning I wasn't up to driving to Ptbo to hit my church... Well, I was but I knew I wouldn't be back in town (in time) to get a certain someone to a house group surprise party... PLUS, it had been awhile since I'd slept in, so... In bed by 12:30, and woke up at... You guessed it... 6:30.
grr

anyway, after rolling over several times I attended a lovely service at Bedside Baptist, Church of the Open Pillow. It was a nice service, we picked up in Jeremiah where we'd left off the other day (oh, by we, I mean me) (I like to talk in the third person) (with an accent). It was a good service, but it left me wanting more. Worship time in the shower didn't satisfy it at all! Which is weird, because usually my daily worship in the water time leaves me refreshed in more ways than one... I was CRAVING... But, I wasn't sure what...
I set out on my walk, and it hit me.. I wanted history, I wanted familiar, I wanted tradition,I wanted structure, I wanted... (shiver) "liturgy".
it sounds wired, but as a girl raised in the Catholic church, it's a part of my experience of who God is, and every once in awhile... Well, I need a fix.

I sped my walk towards the Catholic Church, only to discover I was more than late... And disappointedly continued on my way.

Alas... I had to go to work. The day was going sour. (side note:: there was the highlight of the day:: surprise party... moowahahahaha!)

(geee Les, this is a long one)

I got to work to be greeted by "I need red juice" "the dog made the hurt noise" "I've got a pwoblem" and "are you still my friend?".

but then... a glimmer of light...

I got to attend the Taize Candlelight Vespers for Pentecost at St.Peter's.
ok, it sounds odd, but I really really enjoy it, I've taken "Harvey" there on a number of occasions, and each time I've had such a great experience. It's this space where people come ... and reflect, and are led in prayer, and led in reflective readings and repeatitive chorus... and.. it's just what I needed....




Abide with us, O Holy Spirit, for it is toward evening and the day is almost
over; abide with us, for the days are hastening on and we hasten with them;
abide with us and with all your people, until the daystar rises and the morning
light appears, and we shall abide with you for ever.
Amen.


Bless the Lord, my soul, and bless God's holy name,
Bless the Lord, my soul, who leads me into life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

almost makes me want to become an f'in anglican.

L.Bo Marie said...

LOL!