Sunday, March 30, 2008

Earth Hour

It's hard not to be judgemental.
Earth Hour has come and gone, how did you spend it?

My roomie and a friend sat out with candles, playing board games... I was still brooding from a rotten brood-inducing week (not that there was any one event... there's just been a lot going on lately, and no place/space to work thru it). So, I left for my walk.

We live in the 'Burg, a little waterfront town on Lake Ontario (ha! I had more than 800 visitors to the blog this month... I figure a little back story is likely in order). We live.... 4 blocks north of the lake... no really, I just counted (2 city blocks). We have a darling little downtown... and I spend most of my free time there... downtown, or at the beach.. walking.

Anyway, it's a retirement town, there's not much here for the twenty and thirty somethings, (unless you have kids) and there are days I resent it.. but that's not what this post is about....

I went for my walk... and I watched to see who didn't turn off their lights! Don't tell me you didn't do it too!
It was a great night for a walk, not too windy, not too cold... just perfect for strangers in the night, passing on the boardwalk. Later, a pirate book by candlelight... until I realised I have like three headlamp flashlights, then life got a whole lot easier, and I decided that I'm not going to use the lights in our house at least one night a month from now on... because it was fun....

and now I'm rambling... so I'll stop.

But, stranger on the boardwalk- I walk there most nights... we should hang out.

1 comment:

Fallen said...

Since you were asking how people spent Earth Hour I was fast asleep. So hey I definitely had everything shut off.

I must say though that I like the idea of turning the lights off one night a month. It changes things and is good for the environment.