Saturday, March 01, 2008

where the bungalows roam....

Another snow storm.....
Another concert at the gallery...

I'm seeing a trend.

So last night I was REALLY really really looking forward to that concert. I (small case) love Jim Bryson... as in, if he's near by, I'll go see him... maybe even on my own. Last night was part of his forever ongoing release concerts for his most recent CD (also available on vinyl... too funny)

In all honesty... I didn't even "small case love" the concert. And that's a first for something held at the gallery... for me anyway.

But, see I liked the music, I even liked the other artist's music.. I just didn't really like HER. She kinda ruined it for me. She had this - I don't know - bipolar attitude about the evening that just left me confused, and pulled the life out of the non-music portions of the evening. One minute saying how she loved the laid back attitude of the space... and the next out rightly complaining that we were an unresponsive audience (not really true, she just thought she was really sarcastically funny... and every joke sort of died.. because, well, it wasn't a joke, more of a comment with raised inflection at the end to make it sound like a question.) Then there was this weird unprofessional attitude ownership of the space, yelling at the host over the mic to get things for her... it just left me uneasy.

Jim himself was quirky as usual, but low key... But I didn't care. Because I "small case love" Jim Bryson.

No comments: