Wednesday, April 02, 2008

theft?

I was out walking tonight (still no stranger on the boardwalk...) and noticed something odd.. out of place.
In the front window of the Bargain!Shop (lol, I love that there's an exclamation point in it's name) was a box of children's play swords. Ok, so the swords themselves weren't out of place... it was the box, or rather, what was on the box.
YPP graphics!
In case you've forgotten, I love pirates. Actually, mostly I love PuzzlePirates, and I think they are too cute and all that.... blah blah blah (I won't bore you too much). The back of the box had PuzzlePirate Pirates on it! The graphics were a really poor quality (which is what you get when you steal an image... ) but I had to stop and stare and stare at it... not really getting it at first...

Anyway, that leads me to what I wanted to post today... a little something stolen from someone else's site.

Some of you have heard me talk a little bit about GTI... but I don't think I've written much about it. Ruth wrote something after last week that made me cry... I love GTI.
based on a real life event...
(ok, now I feel like I'm part of a hallmark movie)

(This is a real prayer request, written up by Ruth.)
My name is Lovey. I'm 29 years old, but I'm more like a 10 year old. I live in a motel.
I'm going to school to learn to read and it's a lot of fun. I'm doing really good. I have a friend who drives me to school and home again. She takes me grocery shopping and helps me read the signs and the fliers. I can afford a lot more groceries when she comes with me than when I do it alone.
My boyfriend works at a gas station and doing odd jobs. I walk dogs to help. I like to bake cookies, especially peanut butter.
Living in a motel means that my kids can't live with me. I have 3 kids. They live 2 hours away with people in my family.
I'm trying to get an apartment. It's really nice. It has 2 bedrooms and a balcony and a real kitchen, not just a hot plate and a microwave. I can afford it and the people who run the building are really nice. I filled in the application.
Please do a prayer for me that I'll get the apartment and maybe my kids can come visit me there.


**editor's note:: ok ok, thank you for the spelling check NI.

1 comment:

Northumberland Independent said...

The English teacher in me I screaming "Theft!!!"