Monday, August 25, 2008

Svff 5 sleeps

IF I sleep, there's only 5 sleeps to go.

Classic pre-fest quote.... now, remember- the set up crew consists of a number of manly men types... beer drinking types.

We'd just finished eating lunch when Lulu says
"we have yogurt, or we have beer".
To see their faces.... 
It was beautiful.

All the fridges are clean, the stoves are clean, the counters are clean, the shelving is clean, the wash stations are... washed, the water is running, most of the electricity is in place, we unpacked boxes, dragged around boxes, kicked at boxes, and cursed all the boxes. We found bleach. I made Chicken Corn Chowder ('cause the way to a man's heart is.... wait.. no... 'cause the way to get things done at a festival is thru a stomach) (that's better). And we built community. We're good at that one.
And I only nearly cried (out of pure joy) twice.

Early start tomorrow. 
We're in for something good.
So long as I remember everything I need (got into my car FOUR times this morning before I succeeded in leaving the house- I'd sit down, then remember something else I'd forgotten).
Le sigh.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

2 sleeps and I will be there! I will be leaving early early to be there well before lunch... this year I don't have to milk any cows, water chickens or collect eggs before coming!