Monday, July 23, 2007

good thing I don't wear a watch

this weekend ended up being CRAZY.
but good.
I often wonder if I'd fit as much in if I wore a watch, or if I'd be so busy trying to encourage activities to fit within a certain time frame, I'd miss most of the fun?

any way...
after much waiting... much sorrow... much MORE waiting... I'd like to introduce you to a "little" friend of mine...

PONTOUF! (yes, like the imaginary kangaroo)



Now, it's kinda hard to tell... but this little fluffy is going to be a giant. A Flemish giant... at only 5 weeks, Pontouf is....



Nearly the same size as Fynn Fynn (who's now 5 months!)



As you can see, Fynn isn't so sure about this new addition, but I think it's mostly just hormonal. He's going for the almighty snip at the vet next month, so then I can bond the two of them.. and they'll be bestest buddies for ever and ever :)

Pontouf is still really light (body weight), but I'm sure that in the past two nights s/he's gained several ounces.... despite being so huge, s/he's still pretty little to accurately guess gender... The guy thought he had 2 males and 1 female... but they all looked like males to me, so he might have made a mistake too...
anyway.. VERY exciting.. but... also some sad news. Pontouf's dad was killed by that same German shepherd last week that killed the last litter and the doe.


4 comments:

Northumberland Independent said...

Hazel-rah!

Looks like you have your own little warren going on.

megsheff said...

someone needs to reign that dog in. outta control!
pontouf was my favourite visitor to the baltimore valley site this weekend.

Beth said...

i must be missing something.... why would you try to raise rabbits if you own a german shepherd that is eating your rabbits. and i'm assuming your profits.
but i was always bad at math, and so it could just be me.
was there house surrounded by razor wire, and did they wear matching outfits?

Amanda said...

i just want to say i love the name pontouf, and that was one of my all time favourite movies... hey you want to come and visit and watch it with me?