Friday, July 06, 2007

well, I WAS warned

um... chickens and cows....
eggs and butter
hemp and tie dye...

I was warned by a few before I came to visit Mandamanda to not get too caught up in it all... but.

After learning HOW to milk a cow (by hand and by machine) and after chasing the turkeys and moving the chickens and churning some butter, and meeting someone who lives off the grid, hauls her own water and all... after watching the trees and the lakes.....

I'm putting a sign in the back window of my car that reads

"ask me, I'll join your commune"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do they have hemp fabric? really? for sale?? how much??

Beth said...

o man, i knew it was a mistake to let you go there.
now you are making your own yogurt and sprouting your own sprouts.
do you rock when you sing, 'we shall overcome' too?
no, i repeat, no socks and sandals!

Anonymous said...

One of my vegetarian cookbooks has 'recipes' for growing your own sprouts and making homemade yogurt. :P Not that I've ever tried either....