Tuesday, February 14, 2012

according to my research

it's time to bring back "hero of the week".

Let's just say it's the neighbour who keeps shoveling my sidewalk before I wake up.

Ha. Two nights ago, I was shoveling the sidewalk in front of the grumpy neighbour's house (the one who hates where she lives, all other people, and life in general). Jellydog was running loose while I worked... running from one front porch to the next- ever so hopeful someone would let her in the house and give her food. Jelly jumps up on grumpy's porch, and grumpy swings the door open... I'm not sure if it was to yell at the dog or just to see what was scampering around... She spies me shoveling her walkway and slams the door shut. About 40 seconds later she opens the door again, peers around to where I'm shoveling, and slams it shut again.

I don't do it for the thanks, but if you KNOW someone is doing something nice for you, and you know that they've been doing it for 3 winters... it's common courtesy to acknowledge that it's being done... at least once.
yes, I shoveled it again the next morning.

No comments: