Friday, January 18, 2013

Huzzah

Group W Bench news later... I'm too excited about what happened this week.

2 things... the first... my hours just got better at work- better than what they used to be. I mean, it's still only 24 hours a week- but they're arranged in a way that doesn't make me want to cry anymore. Hello social life.

I'm so glad.. because the way they're laid out means better supports for the people I work with, no more rushing to make things work "as best we can", but now we can actually do things well and do them right. I'm really really happy about it.

Ok... the other thing is slightly basement diary related.
Wednesday I went into the paint and wallpaper shop to pick up some floor paint. Basement is now $40 over budget. BUT, not only did I get the right product... I was offered a job.

So, if we can make things work with my still odd (but so much better) group home schedule, I'll be working a few hours a week at the shop downtown... working for the ladies who used to work for my mom.

How's that for a funny circle?

No comments: